Shingles is a viral infection which is medically recognized as herpes zoster. The natural remedies for shingles can effectively treat this viral infection. The varicella zoster virus is considered to be responsible for causing this disease. Additionally, this same virus causes chicken pox. The medicines for chicken pox do not eliminate the virus completely causing herpes zoster lately. Moreover, the herpes zoster disease is a short lived but irritating disease, and often occurs many years after the initial infection. The natural remedies for shingles can help a person to relieve this irritating disease. The herpes zoster virus becomes latent in the body without causing symptoms for many years. Moreover, this virus may remain in the non-neuronal satellite cells of dorsal root, autonomic ganglion or cranial nerve of the body, and causes herpes zoster lately. The natural remedies for shingles are very helpful in treating the herpes zoster virus by relieving the symptoms of the disease.
The very first symptoms of herpes zoster are headache, fever and malaise which may be misdiagnosed. In addition, these symptoms may be associated with oversensitivity, burning pain, pricking or itching blisters. The affected skin may cause agonizing pain. Moreover, the blisters most commonly occur on the torso, but they may also appear on the face, eyes or any other parts of the body in a stripe or belt-type pattern. The natural remedies for shingles help to relieve the pain and itching caused by the blisters. After some time, the blisters fill with blood as the malaise and fever continues. In addition, the blood filled blisters crust over in seven to ten days; commonly the crust fall off, and the affected skin heals. The natural remedies for shingles help in the formation of crust quickly.
But, in sever cases it is found that scarring, severe blistering and discolored skin remains for a long time. The natural remedies for shingles may help to recover the skin's natural health, and removes scars. Some of the natural remedies for shingles are mentioned ahead to resolve the disease as soon as possible.
1. Apply undiluted hydrogen peroxide directly on the blisters.
2. Increase the diet rich in vitamin E, or vitamin E supplements may also prove to be helpful.
3. Develop habit of eating 3 cloves of crushed garlic. Garlic will help to fight the infection.
4. Include vitamin C rich diet in your meals, for example citrus fruits.
5. If the affected area is painful even after the blisters are healed, apply a plastic bag filled with ice cubes.
6. Apply calamine lotion on the blisters until they form a scab.
7. For a temporary relief the oatmeal or cornstarch may be helpful. Add cornstarch or oatmeal in the bath, and soak in the water for at least 30 minutes to relieve itching.
8. For an instant relief mix half cup of apple cider vinegar with two cups of water. Dip a cotton swab in the solution, and gently wipe affected skin. In addition, apply solution in an upward motion to prevent bleeding.
9. Stress is found to be worsening the problem. Try to remain calm and relaxed while suffering from herpes zoster. Use techniques to keep your mind off of the symptoms, for instance listening music, enjoy favorite hobbies, watch movies or read an interesting book.